- Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
- Date: 12th January 2020
- Time: 10:10 AM IST
- League: Big Bash League 2019-20
Adelaide Strikers Preview
Adelaide Strikers will be playing Melbourne Reneagades at home after 3 consecutive losses in the last 3 matches. Alex Carey will be desperately looking for a win here to stay in the race for the play-offs. In addition to Carey, Jonathan Wells, and Jake Weatherald had been in great form in the first 3 matches. However, the batting performances have been inconsistent throughout the batting order. Jake Weatherald and Jonathan Wells have been among the top contributors in the batting line-up recently.
While Strikers batting was disappointing in their last match against Sydney Sixers, the bowlers impressed with their wicket-taking abilities. Rashid Khan finished with 4 for 22 defending a total of 135 runs. Peter Siddle and Michael Neser will play a crucial role for Adelaide in the bowling department. In addition, Alex Carey also needs to step up and play a captain’s knock at number 3. Matthew Short has failed to score runs in the last few innings at number 3 and number 7.
Melbourne Renegades are the defending champions who have not secured a win in BBL 2019-20 so far. While MLR has lost all their matches, their batting performances in the last couple of matches seemed par. Renegades scored 168-7 and 175-5 batting first against Melbourne Stars and Perth Scorchers. The bowling unit managed to pick just 3 and 4 wickets in these matches respectively. That would seem like good news for the home team as Adelaide will be eager to find its batting form back.
Shaun Marsh is Melbourne’s top performer in the batting line-up. In addition, Sam Harper at the top also plays a big role. While Aaron Finch hasn’t been successful this season, Renegades will have hope in Marcus Harris and Beau Webster. Webster and Sam Harper scored a fifty each recently against Perth while Marcus Harris added 42 runs to the total against Melbourne Stars. Tom Cooper and Daniel Christian have failed to repeat their performances of the last season while Cameron Boyce, and Richard Gleeson have been inconsistent in their bowling effort. Samit Patel was economical in the last game and should continue to be part of the bowling unit.
Adelaide Strikers to win the match
In addition to the home advantage, Adelaide Strikers also saw a comeback from their bowlers in the last match. As a result, Alex Carey would be backing his bowlers to give the home team an upper hand in the contest. They will be facing an inconsistent bowling attack who’s lost the rhythm and form.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Sam Harper and Alex Carey are both crucial wicket-keeper batsman for their respective teams. The two are also most popular choice for wicket-keeper in the fantasy teams.
- Shaun Marsh and Beau Webster would be the most likely candidates to step up and score runs for Melbourne Renegades. Whereas, Jake Weatherald and Jonathan Wells are top choice for Strikers batsmen given their current form and consistency.
- While Matthew Short hasn’t fired of late, he has the ability to play an impactful knock in the middle-order. Samit Patel was the most economical bowler for Renegades in the last game and he picked a wicket as well.
- Patel would be a better choice for all-rounder from Melbourne Renegades over Daniel Christian. Rashid Khan recently found success with the ball and will be confident going up against a struggling Melbourne Renegades side.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Alex Carey, Sam Harper
- Batsmen – S Marsh, B Webster, J Weatherald, J Wells
- All-rounders – Samit Patel, M Short
- Bowlers – K Richardson, P Siddle, Rashid Khan
- Captain – J Weatherald
- Vice-Captain – Shaun Marsh