- Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
- Date: 23rd September 2019
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Barbados Tridents Preview
With 2 wins in 4 matches, Barbados Tridents are placed at number 4 in the points table in CPL 2019. The Tridents registered their second win of the season in the last match defending 172 runs against SLZ. Barbados Tridents batted first in their last 3 innings and scored 172-6, 140-9, and 186-2.
Johnson Charles, Leniko Boucher and Justin Greaves have each scored a fifty in their last 3 innings. Jason Holder and Joshua Bishop picked 2 wickets each as the Tridents wrapped up St Lucia Zouks for 101 in the last match. After figures of 2 for 33 and 2 for 32, Hayden Walsh was rested for the match against SLZ. Raymon Riefer picked 1 for 11 in 2 overs while Sandeep Lamichhane finished with 1 for 29.
Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview
Guyana Amazon Warriors are unbeaten so far this season. Winning 5 out of 5 matches, the Warriors find themselves at number 1 position in the points table. GAW won their second away game of the season at Jamaica defending 218 runs. Shimron Hetmyer (44) and skipper Shoaib Malik (67*) in the middle along with Brandon King’s 59 runs at the top helped GAW reach 218-6.
Brandon King is in good form with scores of 59 and 49 in his last 2 innings. While Shoaib Malik and Shimron Hetmyer are back in form at crucial time, Nicholas Pooran and Sherfane Rutherford at number 5 and 6 can give a good finish. Guyana bowlers have bowled out the opposition in last 3 consecutive games. Keemo Paul, Qais Ahmed, and Imran Tahir lead the bowling attack and pick wickets consistently for the Warriors.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Leniko Boucher is a crucial player batting at number 3 for Barbados Tridents. He has 1 fifty score in last 3 innings and could be crucial in building a partnership in the middle.
- While Brandon King and Shimron Hetmyer are in good form at number 1 and 3 for Guyana, Johnson Charles has recently scored a fifty for BT.
- Shoaib Malik has found his form with the bat in at number 4 for GAW while Keemo Paul has been among the wicket-takers consistently.
- JP Duminy and Jason Holder add batting depth in the Barbados Tridents line-up. More than often, it has come down to these two to build partnerships and stabilise the innings.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Leniko Boucher
- Batsmen – B King, Shimron Hetmyer, J Charles
- All-rounders – Shoaib Malik, Keemo Paul, JP Duminy, Jason Holder
- Bowlers – Chris Green, Qais Ahmed, Sandeep Lamichhane
- Captain – B King
- Vice-Captain – JP Duminy