- Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
- Date: 27th September 2019
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Barbados Tridents Preview
The Tridents have lost 2 matches in a row at their home venue recently. After defeating St Lucia Zouks in their away match defending 172 runs, Barbados Tridents lost to GAW in the next match. BT scored 138-10 batting first against GAW while the total wasn’t enough to defend. In the second home game against JT, the hosts bowled exceptionally well to restrict the visitors to 127-10 bowling first.
However, Alex Hales, Justin Greaves, and JP Duminy failed to build partnerships in the middle. As a result, Barbados Tridents finished 122-9 as they lost by 5 runs. While they have lost their top 5 batsmen under 100 runs in last 2 matches, the bowlers have performed better. Barbados might now tweak their game plan, backing their bowlers to continue picking up wickets at a good average.
Trinbago Knight Riders Preview
While Trinbago’s last match against St Lucia Zouks was washed out, they have lost only 1 match so far in CPL 2019. Their only loss of the season came in the super-over as SNP tied scores with TKR chasing 217 runs. Batting first in their last 2 innings, Trinbago Knight Riders had scored 216-4 and 267-2. While earlier, TKR chased down 168 runs with 7 wickets in hand against St Lucia Zouks at Trinidad.
Lendl Simmons is the man in form for TKR with scores of 90, 86, and 63 in last 3 innings. Colin Munro and Kieron Pollard have also played crucial innings at number 3 and 4 for the Knight Riders. The batting goes deep for TKR with Darren Bravo, James Neesham and Denesh Ramdin to follow at number 5, 6 and 7. While James Neesham, Pollard and Sunil Narine have been among the wicket takers for Trinbago, the economies have been fairly inconsistent and on the higher side.
Trinbago Knight Riders to win the match.
TKR has been in great form lately with two 200+ totals batting first. While the bowling hasn’t been top class, Trinbago would back their batsmen to chase down any total. Barbados Tridents on the other hand are dependent on a few select batsmen who haven’t been in form either. Bowlers are the only hope for Barbados Tridents to win against the defending champions TKR.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Denesh Ramdin has performed well lower down the order for Trinbago while Leniko Boucher hasn’t played an innings lately.
- In the batting department, Munro, Simmons, and Pollard are the key players for TKR, while Johnson Charles and JP Duminy will likely play key roles for Barbados.
- Jason Holder has found his form with both bat and ball and has bigger responsibilities while Sunil Narine is the wicket-taking all-round for TKR.
- Since TKR’s bowlers haven’t done great recently as compared to Barbados, it would be better to include 2 bowlers from BT and 1 from TKR.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Denesh Ramdin
- Batsmen – Kieron Pollard, Johnson Charles, Colin Munro, Lendl Simmons
- All-rounders – JP Duminy, Jason Holder, Sunil Narine
- Bowlers – S Lamichhane, R Primus, Khary Pierre
- Captain – Lendl Simmons
- Vice-Captain – Sunil Narine