- Venue: Headingley, Leeds
- Date: 22nd August – 26th August 2019
- Time: 3:30 PM IST
- League: The Ashes
England looks confident going into 3rd Ashes Test with pacer Jofra Archer at his best. After the loss at Edgbaston in the 1st Test match, England’s bowlers bounced back in the 2nd Test as Chris Woakes and Stuart Broad picked 7 wickets among themselves in the 1st innings.
Ben Stokes’ unbeaten 115 in the 2nd innings helped England comeback in the 2nd Ashes Test after they were reduced to 71-4 leading by 79 runs.
Defending 265, England debutant Jofra Archer bowled an amazing spell picking up 3 wickets in the 2nd innings. His impact was huge with his accuracy, pace and bouncers, his spell was fiery.
Though Australia looked in a better position to win the Ashes 2019 after their 1st win, a lot depends on Steve Smith’s fitness. The former Australia captain had concussion after being hit by a bouncer from Archer during the 2nd Ashes Test.
Marnus Labuschagne scored 59 as a concussion substitute for Steve Smith on the final day. Bancroft and Warner haven’t scored big runs so far in the series and their failure at the top is alarming. The batting has revolved around Steve Smith, and if he misses out on the 3rd Ashes Test, it would be a huge blow for Australia.
Pat Cummins, and Nathan Lyon will be key bowlers for the Aussies given their consistency.
England to win the match
Fantasy Team Tips
- Matthew Wade and Jonny Bairstow have better scores than other wicket-keepers – Jos Buttler and Tim Paine.
- It is the middle and lower-order batsmen that have scored most runs for both England and Australia in the 2nd Test match.
- Joe Root has only 1 fifty in last 4 innings, while Rory Burns has 1 fifty and 1 hundred scores in last 4 innings.
- Ben Stokes is a valuable all-rounder in any fantasy team. While Pat Cummins, Jofra Archer and Stuart Broad are likely to yield high performance with the ball.
- Steve Smith’s inclusion in the playing XI isn’t certain as of now. He is a valuable player for both, Australia and fantasy team.
- Update – Steve Smith has been ruled out of 3rd Ashes Test.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Jonny Bairstow
- Batsman – Joe Root, Usman Khawaja, Rory Burns
- All-rounders – Travis Head, Ben Stokes
- Bowlers – Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins, Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer
- Captain – Joe Root
- Vice-Captain – Jofra Archer
Tip – The above team is bowling centric, considering the batting form of both sides in the series so far. Multiple Entry contests allow for different approaches with multiple fantasy teams.