- Venue: Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
- Date: 4th September 2019
- Time: 3:30 PM IST
- League: The Ashes 2019
England pulled off an unbelievable win in the 3rd Ashes Test after their dismal batting performance in the 1st innings. Ben Stokes picked 4 wickets in the match and scored an unbeaten 135 to take England to victory. In addition, Joe Root and Joe Denly also scored half-centuries contributing to the chase.
Jason Roy has scores of 10, 28, 0, 2, 9, and 8 in the series so far. As a result, the English side are yet to see a 50+ opening partnership in the Ashes 2019. There is inconsistency in the English batting order while Australia boasts a fine quality bowling attack. Jofra Archer will be key bowler for England and would need support from Stuart Broad and Chris Woakes.
Australia lost the 3rd Ashes Test by a narrow margin. However, their efforts were commendable as they played without Steve Smith and yet had a strong grip on the Test match. Usman Khawaja will be rested for the 4th Ashes Test along with James Pattinson. Moreover, Steve Smith is back into the side and will likely bat at number 4.
Another exciting news for fans and fantasy cricket players is inclusion of Mitchell Starc in the Australia’s 12-man squad along with Peter Siddle. Starc and Cummins could make a huge impact in the bowling department. Travis Head and Matthew Wade are crucial in the middle order while there is certainty around Mitchel Marsh’s selection. Australia seems the stronger side with Smith back into the team and a struggling English top-order.
Australia to win
Fantasy Team Tips
- While selecting wicket-keeper, choosing 1 from each team would be a good idea. Jos Buttler and Tim Paine haven’t been successful with the bat lately.
- Two batsmen from England and two all-rounders from Australia will make it 4 batsmen each from both teams. Labuschagne and Ben Stokes are recommended features in the fantasy XI.
- Rory Burns scored a century in the series and could be a better option than Jason Roy. Joe Denly in the middle-order scored a fifty in his last innings.
- While England has Archer, Stuart Broad and Ben Stokes picking up wickets, Australian pace attack has a better record in the series. Therefore, two Australian bowlers and 1 English bowler is likely to yield good results.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – M Wade, J Bairstow
- Batsmen – Steve Smith, Joe Denly, Rory Burns
- All-rounders – T Head, M Labuschagne, B Stokes
- Bowlers – J Pattinson, P Cummins, J Archer
- Captain – Steve Smith
- Vice-Captain – B Stokes