- Venue: Providence Stadium, Guyana
- Date: 6th September 2019
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview
Chris Green will be leading the Guyana Amazon Warriors in CPL 2019. Shadab Khan and Keemo Paul are two other bowling all-rounders in the GAW squad. An experienced batting all-rounder like Shoaib Malik will be an integral part of the Guyana playing XI. There is also young talent in the middle-order with the likes of Shimron Hetmyer and Nicholas Pooran.
Shimron Hetmyer was part of the RCB 2019 squad though he featured only once for the IPL team. He impressed with his batting scoring 75 off 47 balls taking RCB to their 5th win of the season. Imran Tahir and Veerasammy Permaul are two spinners in Guyana’s bowling arsenal. Australian pacer Ben Laughlin will bring T20 experience to the unit. While Saurabh Netravalkar, USA team pacer with experience playing for India U19 will be eying to make a mark at the international stage.
St Lucia Zouks Preview
St Lucia Zouks has some of the big players of the T20 format in their squad. All-rounders like Colin de Grandhomme, Cameron Delport, Darren Sammy and Thisara Perera are part of the STZ’s CPL 2019 squad. Canadian batsmen Nitish Kumar will be featuring in the squad along side Andre Fletcher and Afghanistan star player Najibullah Zadran. Najibullah has been in great form at the international stage having played some fighting innings in ICC WC 2019 for his national team.
The batting order looks very promising and they seem to be capable of scoring or chasing big totals. de Grandhomme, Zadran and Sammy in the middle with Fletcher, John Campbell and Cameron Delport at the top makes for a strong batting line-up. While Hardus Viljoen and Fawad Ahmed will be key bowlers for St Lucia Zouks, Krishmar Santokie, left-arm medium bowler with great CPL and other T20 leagues experience will be crucial too.
St Lucia Zouks to win
Fantasy Team Tips
- Nicholas Pooran and Andre Fletcher are both great choices for the wicket-keeper batsman. Pooran has the ability to pace his innings as required and is a great asset in the middle-order.
- Shimron Hetmyer and Sherfane Rutherford would be expected to be among top contributors for Guyana. Delport and Campbell at the top are likely to lead St Lucia Zouks in the batting arena.
- Colin de Grandhomme is an important all-rounder irrespective of the format or the team he’s playing for. Keemo Paul also has had great success in the limited-overs format playing in these conditions.
- Grandhomme’s availability for his match is not known since he’s with Blackcaps on tour of Sri Lanka.
- Imran Tahir, Hardus Viljoen, and Ben Laughlin are main bowlers for their teams and likely to complete full spells.
- Since it’s the beginning of the season, there’s not much data to predict from. Hence, a fantasy XI with more focus on the batting would be a good starting point.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Nicholas Pooran
- Batsmen – Shimron Hetmyer, S Rutherford, N Zadran, C Delport, J Campbell
- All-rounders – K Paul, Thisara Perera/Colin de Grandhome
- Bowlers – B Laughlin, Hardus Viljoen, Imran Tahir
- Captain – C Delport
- Vice-Captain – Shimron Hetmyer