- Venue: Arun Jaitely Stadium, Delhi
- Date: 3rd November 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: Bangladesh Tour of India
India will be taking their neighbours Bangladesh in the 1st T20i match of the series at Delhi. While the local boy Virat Kohli will be missing out on the T20I series, Rohit Sharma will lead the Indian team. Shikhar Dhawan is set to open alongside Rohit Sharma while Shreyas Iyer is likely to bat at number 3. While there’s quite many options for the number 4 spot, Rishabh Pant seems the most probable candidate for the position.
Shivam Dube and wicket-keeper batsman Sanju Samson have made it to the T20I squad. However, only one of them would make it to the playing XI. While KL Rahul seems a tough contender for the number 4 position. Krunal Pandya and Washington Sundar are the two batting all-rounders in the squad. Along with these two, Yuzvendra Chahal and Rahul Chahar add to the spinning arsenal of team India. Khaleel Ahmed and Deepak Chahar will lead the pace attack while Shardul Thakur might get a chance in the place of Khaleel Ahmed.
Bangladesh last played T20I in a tri-series at home against Zimbabwe and Afghanistan. Some of the best batting performances for the side came from all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur Rahim. While Rahim and Mahmudullah are in the squad on the tour of India, Shakib is out. As a result, Bangladesh is already behind in this competition against India, a side they’ve never beaten in T20I. Aminul and Mustafizur Rahman were successful in the tri-series and will be Bangladesh’s best hope in the bowling department.
In addition, Afif Hossain and Shafiul Islam had also delivered match-winning performances with the ball during the tri-series at home. While these bowlers are part of the Bangladesh T20I squad against India, it will not be an easy task bowling to the likes of Rohit Sharma, and Shikhar Dhawan at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi. Liton Das and Soumya Sarkar have a bigger responsibility of giving the side a strong start. Mushfiqur Rahim, and Mahmudullah in the middle form a strong core of Bangladesh middle-order.
India to win the match
India has a stronger team with the best opening duo in limited overs. In addition, India has a strong bowling department with spinners like Chahal and Chahar while Bangladesh are yet to defeat India in this format of the game. The visitors are missing their top performers Tamim Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Mushfiqur Rahim is very crucial to Bangladesh set up and has been the most reliable middle-order batsmen for the side. He would be a good choice for a wicket-keeper in the fantasy team.
- While the openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan would be keen on scoring big, Shreyas Iyer has an opportunity to shine in the middle. Soumya Sarkar is set to open for Bangladesh while Mahmudullah is another reliable middle-order batsman for the visitors.
- Krunal Pandya is more likely to find a spot in the playing XI while Afif Hossain has made significant contributions with the ball for Bangladesh. Hossain had picked 2 for 9 runs in the last T20i while his batting stats weren’t as impressive.
- Mustafizur Rahman is the top choice among the Bangladesh bowlers while Yuzvendra Chahal enjoys a similar status in the Indian bowling set-up.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – M Rahim
- Batsmen – R Sharma, S Dhawan, S Iyer, S Sarkar, Mahmudullah
- All-rounder – K Pandya, A Hossain
- Bowlers – Y Chahal, K Ahmed, M Rahim
- Captain – R Sharma
- Vice-Captain – Y Chahal