- Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Date: 22nd – 26th November 2019
- Time: 1:00 PM IST
- League: Bangladesh tour of India
India registered yet another Test win at home following a series win against South Africa. While Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma were out scoring 0 and 6 runs respectively, Mayank Agarwal scored his 2nd Test double Hundred in the last match. Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane have been consistent in the middle-order. In addition to these two, Ravindra Jadeja also scored an unbeaten fifty to help India reach 493 runs in the 1st innings.
Earlier, the bowlers had restricted Bangladesh to 150-10 in the 1st innings before the batsmen put up a massive 1st innings total. Mohammad Shami picked 7 wickets in the match followed by Ravichandran Ashwin who picked 5. Umesh Yadav picked 2 wickets each in both the innings as India won by an innings and 130 runs. India will be going into the 2nd Test of the series with a consistent bowling attack in addition to a reliable and in-form middle-order.
Bangladesh is missing two of its big players Tamim Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan on this tour of India. The impact of this absence was seen in the last match where the only batsman with consistent scores in both innings was Mushfiqur Rahim. The number 5 batsman scored 43 and 64 runs in the 1st and 2nd innings respectively. He was the top team batsman for Bangladesh in both the innings. Both openers failed to cross the 10-runs mark in the match, while skipper Monimul Haque at number 3 built a 68-runs partnership for the 4th with Mushfiqur Rahim in the 1st innings.
Abu Jayed was the top bowler for Bangladesh with 4 for 108 while Ebadat Hossain and Mehidy Hasan picked 1 wicket each. Saif Hassan was expected to make his debut in the 2nd Test match of the series. While the 21-year-old will be missing the Kolkata Test due to injury, Mustafizur Rahman may find his way back into the side. The middle-order batsmen need to play a significant inning for Bangladesh. Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Mithun, and Mahmudullah will need to anchor the inning and take Bangladesh to a decent total in the 1st innings.
India to win the match
The equation is clear between the two teams. With a strong bowling arsenal couple with experienced batsmen in the middle-order, India is miles ahead of the visitors.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Liton Das bats lower down the order similar to the Indian wicket-keeper W Saha. However, Liton Das is likely to be in a significant role with the bat and score higher than Saha.
- India’s top-order batsmen Pujara and M Agarwal are in great form. Whereas, Bangladesh’s middle-order batsmen are more reliable to be drafted in the fantasy team.
- While Jadeja has been in good touch with the bat, R Ashwin is consistently picking wickets for the team.
- Mohammad Shami and Umesh Yadav lead the Indian pace attack and likely to pick most wickets for the home team.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Liton Das
- Batsmen – M Agarwal, C Pujara, V Kohli, M Mithun, M Rahim
- All-rounders – R Ashwin, R Jadeja
- Bowlers – M Shami, U Yadav, Abu Jayed
- Captain – M Agarwal
- Vice-Captain – M Shami