- Date: 2nd October 2019
- Venue: Dr. YS Rajshekhara Reddy Stadium, Vishakhapatnam
- Time: 9:30 AM IST
- League: South Africa’s tour of India
India won their last Test series against West Indies 2-0. Indian players are familiar with the home conditions. Therefore, the team will start the home series with confidence. Ajinkya Rahane and Hanuma Vihari are in good form while India would be missing their in-form bowler Jasprit Bumrah. Umesh Yadav has made it into the squad and will bowl along side Mohammad Shami and Ishant Sharma.
Ravichandran Ashwin hasn’t played for the Indian team in a long while and this could be a great opportunity to perform on home soil. While Jadeja has proved himself with both bat and ball in the last series, he would be the top choice for the bowling all-rounder. Mayank Agarwal couldn’t do well on the Windies tour in the Tests, and this might open the gates for Rohit Sharma in the side as an opener. While Rishabh Pant too hasn’t impressed much in Tests, he might get another chance or two before Wriddhiman Saha becomes a must in the side.
South Africa Preview
Faf du Plessis has a big task at his hand to marshal his troops against a formidable Indian side on the latter’s home soil. While Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi have experience playing in the sub continent, South Africa’s batting order would be a concern. Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma were in good touch in the T20 matches, and will need to lead South African batting from the front.
While Faf du Plessis, batting all-rounder Theunis de Bruyn will have a bigger role in the middle-order. Indian pacers are more likely to get early success given their form, and therefore, South Africa would need strong partnerships from number 4, 5 and 6 batsmen. Keshav Maharaj will be crucial with his left-arm orthodox bowling when the pitch gets old. However, Indian batsmen are strong players of spin and South Africa would find success if they stick to their strength in their pace attack.
India to win the match
India has a stronger batting line-up with in-form batsmen Rahane, Kohli and Hanuma Vihari along with experienced Test batsman Cheteshwar Pujara in the squad. While South Africa would be touring India after a long time and their current squad isn’t much familiar with the conditions.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Quinton de Kock’s batting position and his form would make him a better choice for the fantasy team wicket-keeper.
- While Ajinkya Rahane and Hanuma Vihari are in-form batsmen for India, Faf du Plessis and Temba Bavuma are the players to watch out for in the Proteas squad.
- Ravindra Jadeja has times and again scored runs lower down the order when the team needed him. He’s been successful with ball on the Windies tour and would be an essential feature in India’s playing XI.
- Ishant Sharma and Mohammad Shami lead the Indian pace attack and given Sharma’s form and Shami’s consistency, the pair is likely to cause the most damage to the Proteas batting order.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen – Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis
- All-ronders – Ravindra Jadeja, Vernon Philander
- Bowlers – Ishant Sharma, Mohammad Shami, Kagiso Rabada
- Captain – Ajinkya Rahane
- Vice-Captain – Virat Kohli