- Venue: Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
- Date: 18th September 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: South Africa Tour of India
India has gone into the T20I series without Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Mohammad Shami. Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, and Navdeep Saini will form the Indian pace attack. While the first T20 match was abandoned, India will take on the Proteas at Mohali in the 2nd T20I. India’s batting department is strong and the squad consists of 4 all-rounders. In addition to his striking abilities, Hardik Pandya plays the 5th bowler for India.
While he has been expensive at times, he could be the go-to bowler to get a breakthrough. The top-order consists of Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, and Virat Kohli. Manish Pandey or Shreyas Iyer could feature at number 4 for India. Other options for number 4 are KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant. In addition to Rahul Chahar, India has 3 spinning all-rounders in the squad. Washington Sundar can be an effective choice for a batting all-rounder, while Jadeja seems to have cemented his position in the team.
South Africa Preview
David Miller will be a player to watch out for. He has played some great T20 innings for the Kings XI Punjab at this venue in the IPL. While Rassie van der Dussen has played some good cricket recently, Reeza Hendricks and Bavuma might find it challenging to adjust to the conditions. As a result, van der Dussen’s role in the middle becomes more important.
George Linde, a batting all-rounder along with bowling all-rounders Dwaine Pretorius, and Andile Phehlukwayo have made it to the squad. Quinton de Kock, wicket-keeper captain for South Africa has experience playing on the Indian soil. Therefore, the team would rely on him and David Miller to score big and play a long inning. Kagiso Rabada had a great IPL season in 2019 and will be a key bowler for South Africa.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Quinton de Kock and Rishabh Pant are both attacking players. However, de Kock’s style of play and batting position allows him to stay at the crease longer.
- Kohli and Dhawan are in great form and will be eying to score big at the top for India. While David Miller and van der Dussen would need to cement a partnership in the middle if, the Proteas top-order fails.
- Ravindra Jadeja has better bowling figures than Hardik Pandya in T20 cricket. He is less likely to bat if the top 4 play a longer inning.
- In addition, Andile Phehlukwayo is handy with the bat and bowls his full quota of overs for South Africa. His role with the bat in the death overs is crucial for the visitors.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper: Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen: Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Manish Pandey, R v der Dussen, David Miller
- All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Andile Phehlukwayo
- Bowlers: Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Kagiso Rabada
- Captain – Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain – David Miller