- Venue: M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
- Date: 22nd September 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: South Africa’s tour of India
India won the 2nd T20I chasing 150 runs with 7 wickets in hand. Electing to bowl first, India restricted South Africa to 149-5. Deepak Chahar topped the bowling charts for India with 2 for 22, while Navdeep Saini, Jadeja and Pandya picked a wicket each.
While Rohit Sharma was out early in the 4th over, Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli together added 61 runs for the 2nd wicket. Rishabh Pant’s struggle at number 4 continued as he was out for 4 runs. Kohli stayed unbeaten scoring 72 off 52 balls taking India to 151-3 in 19 overs. Kohli will be once again crucial in the India batting order for the 3rd T20I. The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru has seen great knocks from Kohli and is a batting paradise.
South Africa Preview
Skipper Quinton de Kock played a vital inning scoring 52 off 37 balls. In addition, Temba Bavuma scored 49 off 43 at number 3. Together the captain and Bavuma added 57 runs for the 2nd wicket. David Miller was out in the 19th over, scoring 18 off 15 balls. The strike rates of South Africa batsmen were low while the middle-order had the lowest contributions.
Rassie van der Dussen’s dismissal was a huge blow to South Africa. He is crucial to the batting line-up at number 4, batting ahead of Miller. Kagiso Rabada, Dwaine Pretorius, and Anrich Nortje were all wicket-less. Andile Phehlukwayo, Tabraiz Shamsi, and Bjorn Fortuin picked a wicket each. South Africa would need their top bowlers to pick wickets and a much improved batting performance, going into the next T20I match.
India will win this match.
India’s Virat Kohli has great batting record at this ground. Navdeep Saini too has bowled for the RCB at this ground in the last IPL season. While South Africa are yet to get their act together, India has an advantage in both departments.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Quinton de Kock scored 52 runs opening the innings for South Africa in the last match. Rishabh Pant is not consistent at number 4 for India.
- T Bavuma and David Miller will likely play a significant role in the Proteas batting line-up. While Kohli is the key batsman for India.
- Hardik Pandya and Andile Phehlukwayo picked a wicket each for their respective sides in the last match. However, the likeliness of a low economy and plenty of wickets at Bengaluru is less.
- While Kagiso Rabada will lead the South African bowling attack, Navdeep Saini and Deepak Chahar are India’s key bowlers to get a breakthrough.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen – Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Shikhar Dhawan, T Bavuma, D Miller
- All-Rounders – Hardik Pandya, Andile Phehlukwayo
- Bowlers – D Chahar, N Saini, K Rabada
- Captain – Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain – Quinton de Kock