- Venue: Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
- Date: 30th August 2019
- Time: 8:00 PM IST
- League: India’s tour of West Indies
India registered a big win in the 1st Test against Windies beating the hosts by 318 runs. After losing 3 wickets early in the 1st innings, Ajikya Rahane helped build the innings with his 81 followed by a fifty from Ravindra Jadeja at number 8.
Ajinkya Rahane continued his form in the 2nd innings as he scored 102 runs. He was part of two 100+ runs partnerships. Hanuma Vihari looked in good touch and looks likely to score consistenly. Cheteshwar Pujara and Mayank Agarwal couldn’t score major runs in both innings.
India’s bowling has been phenomenal on this tour so far. Ishant Sharma picked a 5-wicket haul in the 1st innings. Bumrah picked 5 for 7 in the second innings while Ishant picked 3 for 31 as India bowled out Windies for 100 runs. India’s pace attack is solid with Mohammad Shami, Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah in the side.
West Indies Preview
After a great start with the ball in the 1st innings getting India to 3 for 25, Windies lost the plot as Rahane, Vihari and Jadeja built the innings steadily. Kemar Roach and Shanon Gabriel picked most wickets for West Indies in the 1st innings. While Roston Chase was leading wicket-taker in the second with 4 for 132.
The batting wasn’t impressive from the hosts with Roston Chase(49) being the top scorer in their 1st innings. West Indies need Darren Bravo’s experience in the middle and some big innings from one of the openers.
Shai Hope and Shimron Hetmyer have failed in playing their roles too. While West Indies have a good batting line-up with some really good batsmen, it’s a tough challenge playing against world’s best bowling attack.
India to win the match
Fantasy Team Tips
- Shai Hope and Rishabh Pant failed to score above 30 runs in both the innings. Both are different in their approaches and have different skill sets.
- Ajinkya Rahane is in great form while Cheteshwar Pujara will be keen on making a comeback in the 2nd Test.
- Hanuma Vihari is a player to watch out for. He had impressed with his batting skills in Australia before and shows a lot of promise.
- Jason Holder and Roston Chase are key all-rounders in the Windies side with a lot depending on them.
- Kemar Roach will lead the West Indies bowling attack and if he picks early wickets, it’d open a window of opportunity for Shanon Gabriel and Chase.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Rishabh Pant, Shai Hope
- Batsmen – Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Shimron Hetmyer
- All-rounders – Hanuma Vihari, Jason Holder, Roston Chase
- Bowlers – Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Kemar Roach
- Captain – Ajinkya Rahane
- Vice-Captain – Jasprit Bumrah
Tip – Given the nature of the game it is a bit tricky getting the right batsmen in your fantasy team. A safe strategy would be to go for experienced and in-form batsmen rather.