- Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Date: 11th December 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: West Indies Tour of India
India’s bet on Shivam Dube has finally paid off. Dube scored a fifty at number 3 in the 2nd T20I while Kohli at number 4 was out cheaply. The openers Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul too were out soon and had very low strike rates. While Sharma and Kohli failed to score big, Shivam Dube (54) and Rishabh Pant (33) were the top scorers for India. India’s bowling has struggled in this series so far. Deepak Chahar has gone to the cleaners in both the matches.
As a result, he could make way for Mohammad Shami in the bowling attack. None of India’s star bowlers like Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Yuzvendra Chahal could pick a wicket defending 170 runs. Washington Sundar has been economical and picking up wickets for the side. At Wankhede, the contest is likely to be a high-scoring one. Both teams have won a match each chasing a total. India, therefore, would be better off fielding first than batting in the last T20I against West Indies.
West Indies had delivered a good batting performance in the 1st T20I putting up a 205-runs total batting first. While the bowling performance was a dismal one as the visitors failed to defend 205, they bounced back soon in the next T20I. Kesrick Williams and Hayden Walsh picked up 2 wickets each while Sheldon Cottrell picked 1 for 27.
Windies bowlers attacked the Indian batting line-up consistently picking up wickets. After Rohit Sharma’s dismissal in the 8th over, Windies picked up a wicket every 3 overs. In addition, to the form, Kieron Pollard’s IPL experience at Wankhede would help Windies in assessing the conditions. The visitors have turned out to be unpredictable and as a result, stand a good chance of defeating India in the final T20I to win the series 1-2.
India to win the match
While India lost the previous T20I, the hosts have Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma in the top-order. These two can single handedly change the course of the game and have won matches for India in the past. India would be hoping to bounce back in the bowling department while backing their top-order to score heavily.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Nicholas Pooran joined the Windies in the 2nd T20I and played an impressive innings at number 4. He will be an important feature in the Windies batting lineup and the fantasy team.
- While India’s expectation would be on Kohli and Sharma to play a big inning, Lendl Simmons and Shimron Hetmyer would play big roles for the visitors.
- The bowlers haven’t found much success for India and therefore, a bowling all-rounder wouldn’t make sense in the fantasy team. Shivam Dube looks in good touch and can score some quick runs at an impressive strike rate.
- Sheldon Cottrell was consistent for Windies with the ball and Hayden Walsh found his rhythm in the last match.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Nicholas Pooran
- Batsmen – Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Shimron Hetmyer, Lendl Simmons
- All-rounders – Shivam Dube, Kieron Pollard
- Bowlers – Y Chahal, S Cottrell, H Walsh
- Captain – V Kohli
- Vice-Captain – Lendl Simmons