- Venue: Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi
- Date: 1st March 2020
- Time: 7:30 PM IST
- League: Pakistan Super League 2020
Islamabad United Preview
Islamabad United’s last match at Rawalpindi was washed out due to rain. While ISU lost the previous one at this venue against Quetta Gladiators, the team will be looking for 2 points in the next match. United is currently at number 4 in the points table with 2 wins and 2 losses so far in PSL 2020. Only Colin Munro and Shadab Khan could add significant runs in the top 4 against QTG. And Colin Ingram’s unbeaten 63 helped ISU reach 187 runs total batting first.
The bowlers haven’t been consistent for Islamabad United. While Shadab Khan is a crucial bowler in the side, he has been inconsistent. Faheem Ashraf picked up 2 wickets defending 187 at this venue while being the most expensive bowler for ISU. Ahmed Safi Abdullah will be the key bowler to watch out for. In addition, Muhammad Musa and Shadab Khan will need to bounce back.
The batting line-up features big hitters like Luke Ronchi, Colin Munro, and Dawid Malan in the top 3. Whereas, Shadab Khan, Colin Ingram, and Asif Ali add more power in the middle-order. The skipper will be backing their batsmen to give the side an edge over Karachi Kings.
Karachi Kings Preview
This will be a crucial game for Karachi Kings as they’ve lost 2 in 3 matches so far this season. Winning this match will add two more points to their tally which won’t boost their rankings but will give them some momentum. Kings will be coming to this match on the back of two consecutive losses. While they lost defending 156 at Karachi, they were bowled out for 134 chasing 186 runs at Multan.
The batting performances clearly show a downward graph while the bowling has been mediocre in the last two innings. Mohammad Amir and Chris Jordan will the key bowlers for Karachi Kings while consistency is a concern for the Kings. Umaid Asif, Iftikhar Ahmed, and Cameron Delport need to improve on their economies to give Karachi any chance of getting on top of the game.
The opposition has a strong batting line-up with big hitters at the top and the middle. Mohammad Amir will need to be at his best along with Chris Jordan to get through ISU’s top-order early on. While these two have the ability to do that, others need to put in a disciplined bowling performance as well.
Islamabad United to win the match
Islamabad United has a stronger batting line-up with skipper Shadab Khan in good form in the middle-order. While Karachi Kings have strong top-order with Babar Azam and Alex Hales at numbers 2 and 3, the batting hasn’t been in top gear in the last couple of innings. In addition, both teams have struggled on the bowling front. As a result, the United will rely on their all-rounders to continue their good form and finishers to give them advantage in the game.
Fantasy Team Tips
- While Chadwick Walton hasn’t delivered in the last two innings for Karachi Kings, he can come in handy with the bat at number 5. Luke Ronchi plays a key role for Islamabad United as an opener and is the top choice for wicket-keeper among fantasy teams.
- Babar Azam and Alex Hales will be the most essential players in the fantasy team from Karachi Kings. The two have been among the top contributors for Kings even when the team has scored low.
- In addition, Cameron Delport has both bowling and batting responsibilities for Karachi. 45% fantasy teams have selected Delport while 50% have gone for Imad Wasim.
- Shadab Khan, on the other hand, is contributing with the bat more than the ball. He has done well in the last two innings at number 4 with scores of 39 and 52.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Luke Ronchi, Chadwick Walton
- Batsmen – Colin Munro, Dawid Malan, Babar Azam, Alex Hales
- All-rounders – Shadab Khan, Cameron Delport
- Bowlers – Amad Butt, Ahmed Safi Abdullah, Chris Jordan
- Captain – Babar Azam
- Vice-Captain – Shadab Khan