- Venue: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
- Date: 17th March 2020
- Time: 7:30 PM IST
- League: PSL 2020
Karachi Kings Preview
Karachi Kings finished 2nd on the points table and have qualified for the 2nd semi-final of PSL 2020. Their batting form was on the rise recently until some of the overseas players left PSL due to the coronavirus scare. After Alex Hales’ departure from Karachi, the Kings performed poorly in the batting department. While they won chasing 137 against ISU, Kings lost 6 wickets to get there.
In their last match, Kings finished 150-5 batting first against Quetta Gladiators and lost by 5 wickets. However, Mohammad Amir, Umaid Asif, Chris Jordan, and Imad Wasim were not part of the playing XI. Amir and Asif will lead the bowling attack along for KRK in the semi-final. In addition, Chris Jordan and Imad Wasim also have wicket-taking responsibilities.
While Cameron Delport is in good touch in the middle-order, Iftikhar Ahmed and Chadwick Walton need to step up too. Babar Azam and Sharjeel Imam’s opening partnership will be very crucial at this venue. It’s a batting track where Karachi had previously scored 187 runs batting first abasing LHQ.
Lahore Qalandars Preview
Lahore Qalandars are in great form with 4 wins in their last 5 matches. Lahore had lost to Karachi Kings at an away venue defending 150 runs target. However, Qalandars bounced back strongly as they defeated Multan Sultans at home venue. Fakhar Zaman’s 57 at the top in addition to Chris Lynn’s unbeaten 113 off 55 balls helped Lahore chase down 188 runs with 9 wickets in hand.
In their last 3 matches at Lahore, the Qalandars have successfully chased down 187 runs. LHQ defeated Karachi Kings chasing 188 runs by 8 wickets followed by another successful chase against Peshawar with 5 wickets in hand. In their win against PSZ, Fakhar Zaman and Chris Lynn had scored fifties while against Karachi, Ben Dunk (99) and Sohail Akhtar (68) were the impact players. Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Hafeez, and David Wiese will be the bowlers to watch out for. While LHQ does have a wide range of bowling options, the performances haven’t been impressive at the home venue.
Lahore Qalandars to win
Lahore Qalandars have a strong batting line-up that has caused down 180 plus target 3 times in a row at this venue. Whereas, Karachi Kings are struggling in the batting department since last two games. While Kings do have impact players in their batting order like Babar Azam, Sharjeel Khan, and Cameron Delport, KRK will back its bowling attack to help them gain an edge in the 2nd semi-final of PSL 2020.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Both Ben Dunk and Chadwick Walton are crucial wicket-keeper batsmen for their respective teams. They will be essential picks for the fantasy team for 2nd Semi-Final of PSL 2020.
- While Ben Dunk has a good record at this venue against Karachi, Fakhar Zaman has scored 2 fifties in his last 2 innings at this ground. In addition, Chris Lynn has scored an unbeaten hundred and a half-century in his last two innings here.
- Karachi’s skipper Sohail Akhtar and opening batsman Babar Azam will be the players to watch out for.
- David Wiese is an essential pick for Lahore Qalandars wherein he can deliver a good finish towards the end and also bag a wicket or two with the ball.
- Cameron Delport has recently scored a half-century for Karachi and is among the few in-form players in the middle-order.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keepers – Chadwick Walton, Ben Dunk
- Batsmen – Fakhar Zaman, Chris Lynn, Babar Azam, Sohail Akhtar
- All-rounders – David Wiese, Cameron Delport
- Bowlers – Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Umaid Asif
- Captain – Chris Lynn/Babar Azam
- Vice-Captain – Fakhar Zaman/Cameron Delport