- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Date: 23rd February 2020
- Time: 2:30 PM IST
- League: PSL 2020
Karachi Kings Preview
Karachi Kings kicked off their PSL 2020 campaign with a win against Peshawar Zalmi here at the National Stadium. Babar Azam (78) and Imad Wasim (50) were the top contributors in KK innings. While these two were the top scorers, Iftikhar Ahmed finished the innings with 3-balls 16 runs inning.
In addition, Karachi Kings have Cameron Delport and Chadwick Walton at numbers 3 and 5. While Delport was out for 20 off 16 balls in the last game, Walton was unbeaten on 9 off 6 deliveries. The top 4 of the Karachi batting line-up has explosive batsmen like Babar Azam, Cameron Delport, and all-rounder Imad Wasim.
While Chris Jordan and Umaid Asif bagged 2 wickets each defending 201 runs against Peshawar, Arshad Iqbal was wicketless for 51 runs. Skipper Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir are also crucial to the Kings’ bowling attack. All-rounders Imad Wasim and Delport bowled 2 overs each in the previous match. However, if the two can get wickets bowling tight economies, they can make a significant impact with the ball.
Quetta Gladiators Preview
The Gladiators have won 1 and lost 1 match so far at this venue. While they got off to a winning start in the PSL 2020 defeating Islamabad United, Sarfaraz Ahmed’s team suffered a loss against PZ in the next game. The top-order consisting of Jason Roy, Watson, and Ahmed Shahzad failed in the successful chase against Islamabad United.
Jason Roy scored an unbeaten 73 off 57 in Quetta’s recent match against Peshawar. In addition, skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed also added crucial 41 off 25 balls at number 4. However, Shane Watson (8) and Ahmed Shahzad (12) failed to make a comeback as Gladiators finished with 148-5 batting first. Moreover, Azam Khan (5) and Mohammad Nawaz (2) also disappointed with their batting performances.
Quetta’s batting troubles are far from over. While the two of their top 4 batsmen did bounce back, the side finished with a below par total at the same venue. Mohammad Hasnain who picked 4 for 25 against Islamabad was wicketless for 28 runs against Peshawar. Tymal Mills replaced Ben Cutting and picked 1 wicket for 25 runs. Both Nawaz and Fawad Ahmed were expensive while Ahmed was top wicket-taker bagging 2 wickets.
Karachi Kings to win the match
While Karachi Kings have played just the one match so far this season, the opposition’s batting and bowling departments are struggling. Kings have a stronger batting line-up with the likes of Babar Azam, Cameron Delport, and Imad Wasim in the top 4. While Azam and Wasim are in good touch, Chadwick Walton and Iftikhar Ahmed are good hitters in the lower-order.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Sarfaraz Ahmed is crucial to the Karachi Kings at number 4 and will be essential as a wicket-keeper in the fantasy team. In addition, Chadwick Walton’s hitting abilities are also well known.
- While Walton plays lower down the order, 34% fantasy teams have selected him as a wicket-keeper. Quetta opening pair Jason Roy and Shane Watson will be crucial in giving the side a good start.
- Gladiators desperately need Watson to play his natural game and deliver a better batting performance. All-rounder Imad Wasim and Cameron Delport are both crucial in the top-order for Karachi Kings.
- While Skipper Wasim will be keen to pick wickets, Delport is crucial in giving breakthroughs.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keepers – Chadwick Walton, Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Batsmen – Babar Azam, Shane Watson, Jason Roy
- All-rounders – Imad Wasim, Cameron Delport, Mohammad Nawaz
- Bowlers – Chris Jordan, Mohammad Hasnain, Sohail Khan
- Captain – Babar Azam
- Vice-Captain – Jason Roy