- Venue: Simonds Stadium, Geelong
- Date: 7th January 2020
- Time: 1:30 PM IST
- League: Big Bash League 2019-20
Melbourne Renegades Preview
Melbourne Renegades have lost 6 matches in a row in BBL 2019-20. The defending champions will be looking for their first win of the season when they go up against Perth Scorchers. While Daniel Christian played a good innings recently, it was quite late and he was the lone fighter in the side. Christian had scored 32 off 17 balls at number 6 as MLR finished with 153-6 batting first against Sydney Sixers.
In the next match, the team posted 142-9 batting first and has lost defending on both occasions. While there are big names in the batting line-up like Shaun Marsh and Aaron Finch, the batting department has failed to come together as a unit. Sam Harper, Shaun Marsh and Aaron Finch have been in the forefront with significant scores while the middle and lower order has consistently failed to score runs. As a result, Cameron Boyce and Kane Richardson have been under pressure to defend low totals.
Perth Scorchers Preview
Perth Scorchers haven’t had a great time either with just 2 wins in 6 matches. However, their performances with the bat and ball have been better in comparison with Melbourne Renegades. In the previous match, while the top order failed chasing 181 runs, Mitchell Marsh and Cameron Green in the middle led the fight for Scorchers. Jhye Richardson also played a quick fire innings scoring unbeaten 33 off 14 balls.
However, Perth Scorchers fell short of the total by 8 runs. Their recent win came against Brisbane Heat where the bowlers shined for Scorchers. Fawad Ahmed, Jhye Richardson, and Ashton Agar were all successful with wickets and the economy. PRS have lost 2 in last 3 matches bowling first. The batting performances have been inconsistent and therefore, the Scorchers would back their bowlers against MLR.
Perth Scorchers to win the match
While both teams have major concerns in their batting department to be addressed, Perth Scorchers has a better bowling line-up with Fawad Ahmed, Jhye Richardson an Ashton Agar doing well. MLR has failed to defend in their last two outings whereas, Perth Scorchers’ last win had them successfully defend 149 runs.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Josh Inglis is the top choice for wicket-keeper with almost 85% fantasy teams selecting him.
- Liam Livingstone and Cameron Bancroft are crucial for Perth Scorchers while Finch and Shaun Marsh would lead the Renegades batting line-up.
- Mitchell Marsh has scored consistently for Scorchers and plays a vital role in the middle-order. While Beau Webster and Daniel Christian haven’t had success with the bat, they will have the responsibility to build partnerships in the middle-order for MLR>
- Fawad Ahmed is the top choice with the ball among fantasy teams with 70% participants selecting the PRS bowler.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Josh Inglis
- Batsmen – Cameron Bancroft, Liam Livingstone, Beau Webster, Shaun Marsh, Aaron Finch
- All-Rounders – Mitchell Marsh, Daniel Christian
- Bowlers – Fawad Ahmed, Jhye Richardson, C Boyce
- Captain – Shaun Marsh
- Vice-Captain – Mitchell Marsh