- Venue: Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan
- Date: 26th February 2020
- Time: 7:30 PM IST
- League: PSL 2020
Multan Sultans Preview
Sultans will play their first home game of the season following a loss at Lahore against Islamabad United. While Multan Sultans successfully chased 139 runs against Lahore Qalandars, they failed to defend 164 runs against ISU. However, with players like James Vince, Moeen Ali, and Rilee Rossouw in the top 4, Sultans look good to make a comeback.
While Moeen Ali hasn’t yet delivered with the bat, Rossouw has been inconsistent at number 4. The opening duo of skipper Shah Masood and James Vince will need to give the home team a big start. Sultans have Ravi Bopara in the squad tough he hasn’t featured in the last 2 matches.
Mohammad Irfan and Imran Tahir will be crucial and need to bring the economies down. In addition, if Shahid Afridi and Moeen Ali contribute with both bat and ball, Multan will have a big advantage in terms of the all-round abilities.
Peshawar Zalmi Preview
Riding on Kamran Akmal’s 101 off 55 balls, Peshawar Zalmi secured their first win of PSL 2020. Akmal has scores of 101 and 43 in his last two innings. While Akmal looks consistent at the top, Tom Banton hasn’t yet made his mark in the subcontinent league. In addition, Haider Ali and Shoaib Malik are inconsistent in the middle as well.
Banton and Malik will need to make a comeback if PZ looks to defeat MS at Multan. Skipper Darren Sammy must be aware of the kind of batting line-up Sultans have. As a result, he will expect his top 4 to deliver in this match. In addition to Akmal and himself, Sammy will be confident in Liam Livingstone and Liam Dawson in the lower-oder to play an impactful inning.
Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, and Mohammad Amir Khan are the players to watch out for in the PZ camp. Hasan Ali and Wahab Riaz bounced back after their dismal performances against Karachi Kings in Peshawar’s first match of the season. While these two look in good touch, Sammy himself can find breakthroughs for his side.
Peshawar Zalmi to win the match
While the match will be played at Multan, the away team will be the favourites to win. The major difference between the two teams is the batting form. Peshawar Zalmi have more batsmen to rely on while Multan’s top batsmen are struggling at the moment.
However, Sultans’ top 4 cannot be counted out yet. A special inning from either Rilee Rossouw or James Vince has the ability to turn things around for Multan Sultans. Given the nature of this format of the game, an inning or two can swing the game completely.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Kamran Akmal scored a hundred in the last match for Peshawar Zalmi. Whereas Tom Banton has failed in his back to back innings and is unreliable. Akmal is top favourite choice for wicket-keeper with 91% fantasy teams selecting him.
- While Shoaib Malik bats at number 4 for PZ, the lower-order batsmen Liam Livingstone (85%) and Darren Sammy (47%) seem to attract many fantasy teams’ attention.
- For Multan Sultans, Shan Masood and James Vince are the in-form batsmen. In addition, Rilee Rossouw also plays a crucial role in the top 4.
- Moeen Ali is the top choice for MS all-rounder as he bats at number 3 and also gets to bowl an over or two.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Kamran Akmal
- Batsmen – Rilee Rossouw, Shan Masood, James Vince, Darren Sammy, Liam Livingstone
- All-rounders – Moeen Ali, Shoaib Malik
- Bowlers – Imran Tahir, M Ilyas, Wahab Riaz
- Captain – Shan Masood
- Vice-Captain – Kamran Akmal