- Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- Date: 5th September 2019
- Time: 11:30 PM IST
- League: Vitality Blast 2019
Nottinghamshire’s batting in last 2 matches wasn’t impressive to say the least. The team has won 1 of their last 2 matches played at this venue defending a total of 148 runs. While the bowlers pulled of an incredible performance getting the side a narrow win, a much worse all-round performance followed in the next match.
Bowling first against Durham, Notts conceded heavily in the power-play and as a result, ended up conceding 171 in 20 overs. Chasing 172, half of the Notts batting-order was back to the hut in 10 overs for 77 runs. It will be quite a challenge to make a comeback from this in the 2nd quarter-final against Middlesex. While Nottinghamshire will play at their home venue, the side seems to be out of form in the batting department. They’d need Joe Clarke, Alex Hales and Ben Duckett at the top to play a long innings while Dan Christian and Tom Moores in the middle could add the finishing touches.
David Malan must be a confident skipper given his side’s recent victory over Somerset chasing 227 runs. This big win came after 3 consecutive losses for Middlesex in the T20 Blast 2019. AB de Villiers and Eoin Morgan are major factors in Middlesex’ batting. In addition, a good start from David Malan at the top is significant too.
While Mohammad Hafeez featured in the CPL 2019 opener for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Max Holden could be a replacement for the batting all-rounder. TR Jones, Nathan Sowter and Steve Finn will lead the bowling attack for Middlesex. While TR Jones has had great success early in the league, recently the Middlesex bowlers haven’t been at their best.
Middlesex to win
Fantasy Team Tips
- Tom Moores would be a better choice for wicket-keeper than J Simpson. J Simpson bats lower down the order for Middlesex are is less likely to face as many balls as Moores would.
- There are many choices for batsmen from both sides. However, given the recent batting form of both teams, more Middlesex batsmen in the fantasy team would be an advantage.
- The middle-order has scored most of the runs for Nottinghamshire and therefore, Tom Moores, J Libby, and Dan Christian would be crucial selections.
- For the 5th batsman, the choice would be between David Malan and Alex Hales. Both of these top-order batsmen are power-hitters and are capable of scoring a fifty.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Tom Moores
- Batsmen – J Libby, J Clarke, AB de Villiers, Eoin Morgan, David Malan/Alex Hales
- All-rounders – Dan Christian, TR Jones
- Bowlers – M Carter, S Finn, N Sowter
- Captain – AB de Villiers
- Vice-Captain – Eoin Morgan