- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Date: 20th February 2020
- Time: 9:30 PM IST
- League: PSL 2020
Quetta Gladiators Preview
The defending champions Quetta Gladiators will take on Islamabad United in the opening match of PSL 2020. The team has retained big impact players like batting all-rounder Shane Watson, Ahmed Shahzad, and Mohammad Nawaz. While Sohail Tanveer and DJ Bravo are out of the squad for PSL 2020, Tymal Mills will be joining the pace attack for this season.
In addition to Fawad Ahmed and Ben Cutting, the young pacer Mohammad Hasnain will be the player to watch out for. Ahmed Shahzad, Ahsan Ali and Shane Watson will be seen in the top-order. However, Rilee Rossouw who featured in the last season at number 4, is not part of the PSL 2020 squad for QTG. England’s Jason Roy has made it to the squad and will be an exciting addition to Sarfaraz Ahmed’s Gladiators set up.
Islamabad United Preview
Islamabad United lost to Peshawar Zalmi in the Eliminator 2 of PSL 2019 and finished at number 3. While Mohammad Sami has left the United this season, Shadab Khan will be the captain. In addition to Sami, overseas players like Cameron Delport, Samit Patel, and Wayne Parnell are also out of the squad. However, the new signings of batsmen like Colin Munro, Colin Ingram, and Dawid Malan will add great strength.
Among the bowlers, Mohammad Musa will continue to play for IU in PSL 2020 while Dale Steyn will join him in the bowling department. In addition to Colin Munro, other crucial all-rounders in the side are Hussain Talat, Shadab Khan, and Faheem Ashraf. Cameron Delport, Hales, and Chadwick Walton have joined other PSL teams this season. While these 3 formed the top-order last season, Luke Ronchi will be joined by Munro and Ingram at the top this year.
Islamabad United to win the match
Islamabad United’s batting order looks strong in addition to the wide range of all-rounders in their squad. Gladiators, on the other hand, have retained a few big payers while letting go of some crucial impact players. Both teams look strong on the batting front, however, Islamabad United will have an edge given their all-rounder strength.
Quetta Gladiators’ Mohammad Hasnain and Fawad Ahmed are the ones to look out for in the bowling department. They could impact the game in a big way if they’re in form.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Luke Ronchi is the most popular choice given his batting style at the top-order for wicket-keeper in the fantasy team. While 86.5% teams have selected Ronchi, Sarfaraz Ahmed finds himself in 31% of the fantasy teams.
- Jason Roy and Shane Watson are some big hitters at the top for QTG while Philip Salt and Colin Munro have similar roles for IU. While these 4 are the most sought after choices for batsmen, Dawid Malan and Colin Ingram are next in line with under 40% teams selecting them.
- Shadab Khan remains a crucial all-rounder for Islamabad United, while Quetta Gladiators have a choice between Ben Cutting and Mohammad Nawaz. The latter has delivered for the side many times with both bat and the ball.
- However, among the fantasy players Cutting is the more popular one finding a spot in 78% teams while 58% fantasy teams have drafted Mohammad Nawaz.
- Selecting Dale Steyn as a bowler for Islamabad United may not be a very bright choice given that he’s playing for his national team against Australia on 21st Feb.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Luke Ronchi
- Batsmen – Colin Munro, Philip Salt, Shane Watson, Jason Roy
- All-rounders – Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Ben Cutting
- Bowlers – Amad Butt, Mohammad Hasnain, Fawad Ahmed
- Captain – Shane Watson
- Vice-Captain – Luke Ronchi