India’s biggest sports gaming site, Dream11 offers fantasy Cricket, Kabaddi, NBA and Football to more than 70 million users. Founded in 2008, they launched Fantasy Cricket in 2012 and in the year 2017 had a user base of more than 15 million users. Tencent, Multiples Equity, Steadview Capital Management, Kalaari Capital and Think Investments are some of the big investors in the company.
Dream11 is the Official Fantasy Game for Vivo IPL, KFC Big Bash League, Hero CPL T20, Hero Indian Super League, NBA and ICC. Apart from these official league partners, Dream11 has the former captain of Indian cricket team, MS Dhoni as their brand ambassador. While the site has a great look and a sleek design the Dream11 Android and iOS app offers exclusive features to their customers. Some of these features include following other users and building your own fan following on the platform and earning referral earnings.
Dream11 ensures transparency in the game with measures like Fixed Player Credits, Competitor Tracker and Winner Declaration in place.
- Every contest or match has a fixed number of credits required by the user to choose a particular player. These required credits or virtual points do not change during the live match with respect to the player’s on-field performance.
- Users can see the team formations of all the competitors in the contest after the deadline. Simply clicking the Download icon under the My Contests tab will allow the user to save all competitors’ teams.
- Winners of a contest receive their winnings in their user accounts without any hassle. Users can easily check the potential payouts for winners of particular contest before joining and make an informed decision.
- Dream11 promotes responsible gaming on their platform by not allowing users under the age of 18 years to participate in pay to play contests. Also, Indian users are notified if their losses over time cross INR25000. Maximum number of contests a user can participate for a single match is 500.
Types of Games
Dream11 offers daily contests for Cricket, NBA, Kabaddi and Football matches. Users can create their own teams and join free or cash contests to compete with other teams and win prizes. Free contests allow users to test the waters and hone their skills before diving into the pay to play contests. A cash contest is a game of skill where a user can put his knowledge of the sport to good use and win real money.
- A Mega Contest is a cash contest which requires users to pay a fee to enter and has the biggest winnings amount of all the contests.
- The winnings in a mega contest can be as big as INR60 million or INR6 crores.
- Clicking the M icon under the contest opens up the detailed prize break up showing the number of winners and payouts for winners according to their rank.
- For example, a Mega Contest for a cricket match with a prize pool of INR6 crores has 16,22,222 spots and 10,00,00 winners, while the entry fee to this contest is INR49
- The number 1 ranking team in the contest would win INR20 Lakhs, followed by winnings of INR5 Lakhs and INR2 Lakhs for teams at 2nd and 3rd rank.
- Teams ranking between 7,20,001 to 10,00,000 would win INR30 each.
In a season challenge users can play 3 types of contests –
Season Long Contests
- In these contests, a user creates a team for the entire tournament or a season.
- The Tournament Contest for ICC World Cup had 3,83,880 teams joined at the time of writing and will have 2 winners.
- When the ICC World Cup 2019 ends, the users with top 2 ranking teams will win an all expense paid trip to the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Finals in Australia.
Round Contests – A user’s team will score points and compete for every round where a round means a group of matches.
Private Contests – Created by users, private contests can be joined by using a contest code.
The customer service offered by Dream11 is as organized and efficient as the fantasy games on the site. On their get help page, there is a search box with a “Type your query here” prompt using which users can look up for solutions to their query. In case the user cannot find the answer to the query from the search results, he/she can submit a request by selecting a category from the dropdown menu. Some of the available options in the dropdown menu are – Missing Players, Points, Withdrawals, Depositis, Email Address change, Mobile number change, and Account Suspended.
Apart from this, Dream11 also offers 24/7 chat support to its customers both on the site and in the app. A user can either choose from available tasks he/she needs help with or simply type in a message and send.
Type of Payment Options
All 3 types of payment options viz, Debit/Credit Cards, Net Banking and Wallets are available for Dream11 users.
AmazonPay, Paypal, MobiKwik and Paytm are the Wallet Payment options. In the Net Banking category there are 8 popular banks and 19 other banks from where users can make payments to Dream11.
Sign up Bonus
New users can earn INR100 Bonus by registering on the Dream11 App. This offer is valid only if the user download the app from the Dream11 site. As an exclusive feature of the app, users will be awarded INR100 cash bonus per friend on a successful referral.
Dream11 has grown exponentially in the last couple of years in terms of its reach. Along with its growing popularity and user base, the sports gaming platform has adopted new and exciting ways to make fantasy sports even more fun offering an immersive experience to the fans. One example of such changes is the extended limit of the number of wicket-keepers allowed in a team for a cricket match contest. Users can select up to 4 wicket-keepers in a team, 6 batsmen, 6 bowlers and 4 all-rounders. The cash contests are growing bigger with every passing tournament and the prizes season challenge contests for ICC are probably the best in sports gaming industry. For pro gamers, Dream11 is a great place to test their game of skills and take it to the next level, while beginners will find it easy to practice their skills on this platform.