- Venue: Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia
- Date: 26th September 2019
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
St Lucia Zouks Preview
SLZ has moved up the rankings with just 2 wins in 7 matches and is placed at number 4. The Zouks stopped SNP’s winning streak defeating them in the last match at St Lucia. While SLZ had lost chasing 173 runs at this venue previously, the bowlers did a fine job of defending 165 against SNP. The middle-order consisting of Colin de Grandhomme, Colin Ingram and Andre McCarthy didn’t add significant runs to the total.
However, skipper Darren Sammy’s 30 off 19 balls towards the end helped the side finish 165-6. Hardus Viljoen and Kesrick Williams did a fine job with the ball picking up 3 wickets each. In addition, Fawad Ahmed bowled a tight spell of 4 overs picking up 2 wickets for 19 runs. While St Lucia’s bowlers look in good touch, the batting line-up still has a lot to improve. The top and the middle order has consistently failed to build partnerships.
Guyana Amazon Warriors
With 6 wins in 6 matches, Guyana Amazon Warriors are at the top of the points table. After winning 3 matches at home, Guyana Warriors have won 3 consecutive away matches. Bowlers have done exceptionally well for GAW including Chris Green, Imran Tahir, Qais Ahmed and Romario Shepherd. In addition, skipper and all-rounder Shoaib Malik has had success with both bat and ball.
The last time GAW batted first was against Jamaica Tallawahs. The Warriors had 2 half centuries in their innings from Brandon King (59) and Shoaib Malik (67*). Shimron Hetmyer also added crucial 44 off 25 balls at number 3 and as a result the Warriors reached 218-6. Keemo Paul has been a bit expensive at times though he’s had success in picking wickets. However, Chris Green and Imran Tahir will be the key bowlers for Guyana.
Guyana Amazon Warriors to win the match
Guyana’s batsmen are in good form including their skipper Shoaib Malik. The Warriors have got a strong opening pair and good batting depth with the likes of Nicholas Pooran and Sherfane Rutherford at number 5 and 6. The big and only positive for SLZ is its bowling. Zouks would not be favourites to win if they’re to bat second.
Fantasy Team Tips
- While Andre Fletcher opens the innings for SLZ and is a crucial part of the batting set-up, Nicholas Pooran has a good strike rate in the death overs for GAW.
- SLZ wouldn’t reach a big total without a big innings from their top order batsmen including Colin Ingram and Rakheem Cornwall.
- Grandhomme and Andy McCarthy haven’t done well in the middle for the Zouks, while Hetmyer and Shoaib Malik have been in good touch at number 3 and 4 for the Warriors.
- Hardus Viljoen and Fawad Ahmed have good economy rates along with wickets, while Chris Green and Keemo Paul would likely lead with the ball for Guyana.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Wicket-Keeper – Nicholas Pooran, Andre Fletcher
- Batsmen – Shimron Hetmyer, Brandon King, Colin Ingram
- All-rounders – Shoaib Malik, Keemo Paul, Rakheem Cornwall
- Bowlers – Chris Green, Fawad Ahmed, Hardus Viljoen
- Captain – Brandon King
- Vice-Captain – Shoaib Malik