- Venue: Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia
- Date: 25th September 2019
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
St Lucia Zouks Preview
SLZ have won 1 in 6 matches so far in CPL 2019. Their last match was against TKR at this venue, which was abandoned after 12.2 overs in the 1st innings. The openers and number 4 and 5 batsmen were out cheaply while Colin Ingram was unbeaten scoring 52 off 34 balls. Earlier, St Lucia Zouks lost to Barbados Tridents in their first home game chasing 173 runs.
Hardus Viljoen (31) and Colin de Grandhomme (28) were the top scorers for SLZ as the rest of the batting line-up failed miserably. The characteristics of their only win this season against JT were the performances from the openers. Rakheem Cornwall’s 75 off 30 balls helped St Lucia Zouks chase down 171-runs target 17 overs with 5 wickets in hand.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots
With 4 wins in 8 matches, Patriots are placed at number 4 in the points table. SNP has won last 3 consecutive matches, one of which was won in the super-over. Fabian Allen’s 62 off 27 balls at number 7 changed the course of their innings in the last match against Jamaica Tallawahs. Carlos Brathwaite (64) and Evin Lewis (45) starred in the chase against TKR.
In addition, Rayad Emrit added unbeaten 21 off 11 balls towards the end as SNP tied with JT’s 216-runs total. In their last match against St Lucia Zouks, SNP, Akeem Jordan’s 4 for 33 helped restrict SLZ to 138-9. Riding on Evin Lewis’ 65 off 30 balls, SNP chased down the target in 15th Over with 6 wickets in hand. While Akeem Jordan wasn’t part of the playing XI in the last match, Sheldon Cotrell, Rayad Emrit and Alzari Joseph picked 2 wickets each defending 176 runs.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots to win the match
SNP have the winning momentum on their side with 3 consecutive wins while SLZ are struggling in the batting department. If the SLZ top order fails to build a platform early on, the middle-order is less likely to take the side to a big total. While SNP has big hitters down the order who have played valuable innings for the side in times of need.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Both Andre Fletcher and Devon Thomas haven’t been in great form in recent matches. However, the two wicket-keeper batsmen open the innings for their respective teams.
- As a result, they would have a great opportunity to score runs in the power-play. Whereas, Evin Lewis and Colin Ingram play a crucial role in the top-order for SNP.
- Rakheem Cornwall has the ability to score quickly in the power-play and his innings could help the side win. In addition, Colin de Grandhomme has played an important role lower down the order for SLZ at time when the top order has failed.
- Rayad Emrit and Fawad Ahmed have picked wickets maintaining a decent economy rate for their respective teams.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Devon Thomas, Andre Fletcher
- Batsmen – Evin Lewis, Laurie Evans, Colin Ingram
- All-rounders – C Brathwaite, C de Grandhomme, Rakheem Cornwall
- Bowlers – R Emrit, A Joseph, Fawad Ahmed
- Captain – Evin Lewis
- Vice-Captain – Colin Ingram