- Venue: Warner Park, St Kitts
- Date: 11th September
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Preview
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots are in search of their first win this season. After losing to Trinbago Knight Riders in the opening game chasing 153, SNP lost to Guyana Warriors in the next match. Devon Thomas and Fabian Allen had the only significant contributions in SNP’s 153-8 batting first.
Fabian Allen was consistent with the bat in both the losses scoring 30 off 14 and 33 off 19 balls at number 7. The middle order consisting of Mohammad Hafeez, Jason Mohammad, and Carlos Brathwaite failed on both occasions. A lot hinges on Kjorn Ottley and Evin Lewis at the top to see the home team through. One of these two batsmen would need to stay longer on the crease and build partnerships with the Mohammad Hafeez and Devon Thomas.
Jamaica Tallawahs will take on St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in their 2nd away game of CPL 2019. In their opening match at Trinidad, Jamaica Tallawahs lost by 22 runs chasing 192. Both opening batsmen Gayle and Phillips were back in the hut in the power-play. Tallawahs lost regular wickets at the top and as a result were on the back foot by the 13th over with 93-4.
However, the top 3 in the batting-order have been top performers for Jamaica in the past. Also, the top 3 have played a lot of T20 cricket around the world and have got experience. Oshane Thomas and Jerome Taylor were wicketless while the rest of the bowlers picked 1 wicket each. None of them had a decent economy rate as Jamaica ended up conceding 191. Jamaica will need good contributions from the top order while Geroge Worker and Russell could give a good finish.
Jamaica Tallawahs to win the match.
While both teams have failed in the batting department, Jamaica Tallawahs has a stronger batting order. St Kitts and Nevis Patriots’ bowling hasn’t been consistent and therefore, Jamaica has an upper hand.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Wicket-keepers from both teams are capable batsmen at the top with good numbers in the past seasons. Devon Thomas scored 62 off 49 balls in the last match.
- Chadwick Walton is an important batsman in the Jamaica line-up. While Ottley and Evin Lewis are likely to play a crucial role in SNP innings.
- Fabian Allen is in form and has performed better than Carlos Brathwaite for SNP. While Russell was expensive in his spell, he did pick up 1 wicket and scored 44 off 24 balls with 4 fours and 4 sixes.
- Cottrell and Alzari Joseph will be key bowlers for SNP and likely to give major breakthroughs.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – D Thomas, Glen Phillips
- Batsmen – Kjorn Ottley, Evin Lewis, G Worker, C Walton
- All-rounders – Fabian Allen, Andre Russell
- Bowlers – S Cottrell, A Joseph, J Taylor
- Captain – Evin Lewis
- Vice–Captain – Andre Russell