- Venue: Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
- Date: 18th September 2019
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Preview
The Patriots have won 2 in 6 matches played so far in the league. The 14th CPL 2019 match will be their 5th home game this season. While SNP won their last home game defeating SLZ, it was their 2nd win in 4 home matches. Laurie Evans and Evin Lewis are the two major contributors with the bat. Evans (64) was the only batsman among the top 4 to cross 20 runs chasing 187 against Barbados Tridents. While SNP lost the match by 18 runs, they comfortably chased 139 runs in the recent match.
Evin Lewis scored 65 off 30 balls while Evans and Hafeez added run-a-ball 19 and 26 runs each. Brathwaite remained unbeaten on 14 off 13 balls as SNP reached 143 in the 15th Over with 6 wickets in hand. The bowlers picked a total of 5 wickets in their 2 losses at home. While Akeem Jordan was top wicket-taker in the last match, Cottrell and Rayad Emrit are consistent bowlers for SNP.
Trinbago Knight Riders Preview
Winning 3 home and 1 away match, the CPL 2018 champions are undefeated in 2019 so far. In their recent match at Jamaica, Lendl Simmons (86) and Colin Munro (96 n.o) set the platform for a big total. Kieron Pollard’s unbeaten 45 off 17 balls helped TKR finish with 267-2 batting first. This was TKR’s second consecutive innings with 2 fifties. Simmons and Denesh Ramdin had both scored fifties in Trinbago’s successful run chase in the previous match.
While Tion Webster and Narine had scored 66 and 46 in their 2nd home game batting first. As a result, Trinbago seems to have an in-form batting order with no dependence on a few specific batsmen. While their top order is in form and scoring consistently, the middle-order is strong too. Sunil Narine, James Neesham and Mohammad Hasnain are the wicket-takers for Trinbago. However, the economies aren’t consistent and the lead wicket takers could go for runs.
Trinbago Knight Riders to win the match
Trinbago has got a well-balanced team with well sorted batting order. The top order is in form and the performances from the middle-order are in sync with the efforts from the top. SNP relies on a few specific batsmen and their bowlers aren’t consistent. Therefore, Trinbago Knight Riders would be the clear favourites to win this match.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Denesh Ramdin was unbeaten on 50 in his last inning while Devon Thomas was dismissed for 1 in last 3 consecutive innings.
- Sunil Narine and James Neesham are two all-rounders who bowl 4 overs for TKR while Mohammad Hafeez is crucial with the bat for SNP.
- Including Laurie Evans and Evin Lewis brings in the most consistent players in the SNP top order. While drafting Simmons and Munro in the fantasy team covers number 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 of the TKR batting order.
- With Neesham and Narine already in the all-rounders’ place, there’s room for 2 bowlers from SNP in the fantasy XI. Rayad Emrit and Usama Mir have controlled economy rates along with wickets.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Denesh Ramdin
- Batsmen – Evin Lewis, Laurie Evans, Lendl Simmons, Colin Munro
- All-rounders – Sunil Narine, James Neesham, Mohammad Hafeez
- Bowlers – Usama Mir, Rayad Emrit, Mohammad Hasnain
- Captain – Colin Munro
- Vice-Captain – Sunil Narine