- Venue: Providence Stadium, Guyana
- Date: 7th October 2019
- Time: 1:00 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots Preview
After defeating Trinbago Knight Riders in the super-over at St Kitts, the Patriots won 2 of their next 3 matches. While victory hasn’t come easy For SNP, their lead bowlers are in good form. Sheldon Cottrell, Rayad Emrit, and Alzarri Joseph have consistently picked wickets in last few matches. In addition, the all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez too has contributed well with the ball. He picked 3 for 22 against SLZ while finishing with 1 for 13 in 4 overs against JT.
Shamarh Brooks scored a fifty in the last league stage match for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots while Laurie Evans and Evin Lewis haven’t played big innings recently. SNP have been experimenting a lot with their batting order and have promoted Shamarh Brooks to number 3, while demoting Devon Thomas to number 5. Not all of their changes in the batting line-up have worked, however, Mohammad Hafeez in opener’s role is definitely not the right way ahead.
Trinbago Knight Riders Preview
Trinbago Knight Riders’ form has dipped through out CPL 2019. Following their first 4 consecutive wins, TKR have lost 4 in 5 matches, one of which was against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots. The loss against SNP was the only one where TKR had put a great batting performance. While the Knight Riders’ bowling was never a match-winning trait, their batting has been on a decline.
The top-order has failed consistently in last 3 matches, while Darren Bravo and Kieron Pollard’s heroics in the middle couldn’t help TKR chase 186 against GAW. Following that loss, TKR finished 134-8 batting first against Barbados Tridents and lost the match by 7 wickets. Lendl Simmons, Colin Munro and Kieron Pollard are the only reliable batsmen in the side. However, their combined effort in their last match could only get the Knight Riders to 143-5 batting first.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots to win
SNP has a stronger bowling attack in comparison to TKR. While neither of the teams have got their batting order sorted, SNP has a good number of all-rounders in the middle and lower down the order. TKR would struggle if they were to chase anything above 150 against St Kitts and Nevis Patriots. While on the other hand, the TKR bowling form indicates they are less likely to defend anything below 160 runs.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Devon Thomas is likely to get back in his opening role For SNP and will be a key batsman at the top. While Lendl Simmons plays a similar role for TKR, he has more responsibility as the Knight Riders middle order is not in the best shape.
- Evin Lewis has played some crucial innings for the Patriots, while Shamarh Brooks seems to have found the right batting position for himself at number 3.
- Kieron Pollard continues to be significant in the middle for TKR and has the ability to turn around things with his power hitting.
- Sunil Narine is another hitter for TKR at the top. While he is less likely to stay on the crease for long, he is a key all-rounder in the side.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Devon Thomas
- Batsmen – K Pollard, L Simmons, Darren Bravo, S Brooks, E Lewis
- All-Rounders – Sunil Narine, Mohammad Hafeez
- Bowlers – K Pierre, S Cottrell, A Joseph
- Captain – L Simmons
- Vice-Captain – Mohammad Hafeez