- Venue: Boland Park, Oval
- Date: 29th February 2020
- Time: 4:30 PM IST
- League: Australia tour of South Africa
South Africa Preview
South Africa lost yet another T20i series at home losing to Australia by 97 runs in the 3rd and final T20i of the series. A struggling batting order led the hosts to 2 big losses in the T20i series. While South Africa is heavily dependent on Quinton de Kock, they will be missing Rassie van der Dussen in the ODI series. In such a scenario, David Miller and Heinrich Klaasen will be crucial in the middle-order.
Opening batsman Reeza Hendricks is also out of the ODI squad. As a result, Janneman Malan will fancy his chances of featuring in the playing XI. With limited batting resources in the squad, batting all-rounder JJ Smuts will also need to step up and play an important role. While de Kock was player of the series against England, David Miller had scored a fifty in the final ODI.
However, looking at the batting performances in the T20i series, only de Kock and Temba Bavuma will be reliable at the top while Miller finds himself in a do-or-die situation. Kagiso Rabada will join Lungi Ngidi in the bowling department. In addition, Keshav Maharaj is also back in the side. Along with Tabraiz Shamsi, he will be an important bowling option in the middle-overs.
Australia are coming off strong with a 2-1 win in the T20i series against the Proteas. While the openers David Warner and Aaron Finch are in good form, spinner Adam Zampa and Ashton Agar have also delivered with the ball. The pace attack consisting of Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins is lethal in the power play.
If these two get early wickets, Aussies will be on top of the game with Josh Hazlewood and Kane Richardson to follow with their disciplined bowling. Steve Smith and Marnus Labuschagne are impactful middle-order batsmen. In addition, all-rounder Mitchell Marsh and Alex Carey can add quick runs towards the end lower down the order.
Australia to win the match
Overall, Australia sports a strong squad with an ideal balance of experience and skill in all the departments. While their top performers are in form and the side carries the winning momentum from the last T20i, Australia will be favorites to win the match.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Quinton de Kock is the most popular choice among the fantasy teams (94%) for wicket-keeper.
- While all eyes will be on Steve Smith and David Warner who’s coming back to South Africa, Marnus Labuschagne is also significant in the middle. Labuschagne has had a great season with the bat and is likely to be part of the playing XI.
- Temba Bavuma and Heinrich Klaasen find more fantasy teams selecting them than David Miller. Bavuma showed his batting skills at the top in the last ODI series against England while Miller has struggled to find his form.
- Ashton Agar and Keshav Maharaj are two bowling all-rounders and will therefore, add more bowling options to the fantasy team.
- Lungi Ngidi and Mitchell Starc will lead the pace attack for their respective teams while Adam Zampa holds the key in the spin department for Aussies.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Quinton de Kock
- Batsmen – Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, David Warner, Temba Bavuma, Heinrich Klaaesn
- All-rounders – Ashton Agar, Keshav Maharaj
- Bowlers – M Starc, Adam Zampa, Lungi Ngidi
- Captain – Quinton de Kock
- Vice-Captain – David Warner