- Venue : County Ground, Hove
- Date : 22nd August, 2019
- Time : 11:30 PM IST
- League : Vitality T20 Blast 2019
Sussex tops the points table in the South Group with 6 wins and just the one loss so far. Their first and only loss of the season thus far was in the last match against Surrey chasing 164 runs target.
Before the loss to Surrey, Sussex registered three back to back wins bowling first against Middlesex, Glamorgan and Gloucestershire. Ollie Robinson picked 8 wickets in 3 matches before being replaced by Will Beer against Surrey.
Beer finished 3 for 22 and was top bowler for Sussex in the last match. David Wiese and Alex Carey are consistent in the middle order while Philip Salt and Luke Wright scored fifties opening for Sussex against Glamorgan.
With no result in last 3 matches, Essex now has 2 wins and 4 losses from 10 matches as they find themselves at number 8 in the points table in South Group.
The last match which yielded a result for Essex was against Somerset where they lost by 114 runs chasing a target of 226. Prior to this loss, Essex had successfully defended 206 runs against Gloucestershire.
Tom Westley, Cameron Delport, Daniel Lawrence and Ryan ten Doeschate are crucial to their batting line up. Even 2 of these 4 gentlemen getting off to a good start would put Essex in a strong position, with Ravi Bopara lower down the order to finish on a high.
Sussex to win the match
Fantasy Team Tips
- Alex Carey has better figures with the bat in comparison to Adam Wheater and can be a better wicket-keeper option for fantasy XI.
- Sussex batting has been in good form and it’d be wise to choose either of the two openers followed by Laurie Evans, number 3 batsman.
- Both openers were crucial in their last win for Essex along with contributions from Daniel Lawrence at number 4.
- Ravi Bopara is a good all-rounder with experience from playing in T20 leagues all over the world. He has good figures with the ball and can be handy with bat in the death overs.
- D Briggs has a good economy rate and has picked wickets more consistently than Rashid Khan for Sussex.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Alex Carey
- Batsmen – C Delport, T Westley, D Lawrence, Luke Wright/P Salt, Laurie Evans
- All-Rounders – David Wiese, Ravi Bopara
- Bowlers – Adam Zampa, D Briggs, R Topley
- Captain – Laurie Evans
- Vice–Captain – Cameron Delport
Tip – Here the number 3 for Sussex and the opener for Essex are the captain and vice-captain choices. The reasoning is the hitting ability, strike rates and the fact that the top 3 batsmen in both teams have frequently been top scorers.