- Venue: Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
- Date: 1st October 2019
- Time: 4:30 AM IST
- League: CPL 2019
Trinbago Knight Riders Preview
The Knight Riders are at number 3 in the points table with 9 points. While they’re trailing behind SNP, Knight Riders have 3 more matches left in the league stage of CPL 2019. After winning 4 consecutive matches TKR lost 2 away matches, their recent loss being bigger in margin than the 1st one. Lendl Simmons had been the top run-scorer consistently. However, in the last match against Barbados his early departure was followed by a collapse in the middle-order.
In addition to Lendl Simmons, Colin Munro and Kieron Pollard were among the top contributors in TKR’s previous high scoring matches. Chasing 193 runs against BT, Pollard, Munro, and Denesh Ramdin were out soon and failed to recover the side from early losses. Khary Pierre and Sunil Narine were economical in their spells picking up 2 and 1 wicket respectively. TKR’s strength has been their batting and they would need to come back stronger in the next home game.
Guyana Amazon Warriors Preview
Guyana Amazon Warriors are on a winning streak with 7 wins in 7 matches so far this season. The top 4 batsmen in the GAW batting line-up has contributed most of the runs in the Warriors innings in recent matches. Shoaib Malik is in fine touch in the middle and so are the openers Brandon King and Chandrapaul Hemraj. Brandon King has scored 3 back to back fifties in last 3 innings and was unbeaten in the last 2 matches.
Shimron Hetmyer at number 3 is a crucial batsmen for GAW. It would take a disciplined bowling attack from TKR to get through the Guyana top order. Nicholas Pooran and Sherfane Rutherford at number 5 and 6 make for a good finishing pair in the death overs. The batting for GAW goes deep with Keemo Paul and Chris Green being handy with the bat at number 7 and 8. Paul and Green have been consistent with the ball picking up crucial wickets for the side. Ben Laughlin found a spot in the playing XI in the last match and picked 3 for 12 while Imran Tahir finished 2 for 24.
Guyana Amazon Warriors to win the match
While TKR has the home advantage, their form has dipped recently. In addition, the bowling hasn’t been great with only a few bowlers doing the job consistently. On the other hand, Guayana’s top-order is in great form while the skipper has good bowling options with the likes of Tahir, C Green and K Paul in the bowling department.
Fantasy Team Tips
- Denesh Ramdin had previously played a crucial innings for the Knight Riders at Trinidad. While Nicholas Pooran is an attacking batsman, he plays at number 5 for GAW and is less likely to face as many balls.
- Lendl Simmons has consistently scored fifties for TKR except for the last innings. B King has 3 consecutive fifties for GAW in last 3 innings while Shimron Hetmyer is a big name at number 3 for the Warriors.
- Guyana skipper and all-rounder Shoaib Malik has made significant contributions with the ball as well. He is an asset as an all-rounder to both Guyana and the fantasy team.
- Keemo Paul and Chris Green have picked wickets for Guayana consistently while Imran Tahir has been economical.
- Khary Pierre is one of the few economical bowlers who’s also picked wickets for TKR.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Denesh Ramdin
- Batsmen – Shimron Hetmyer, Brandon King, Lendl Simmons, Colin Munro
- All-rounders – Shoaib Malik, Keemo Paul, Sunil Narine
- Bowlers – Imran Tahir, Chris Green, Khary Pierre
- Captain – Lendl Simmons
- Vice-Captain – Brandon King