- Venue : Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
- Date : 22nd August – 26th August 2019
- Time : 7:00 PM IST
- League : IND tour of WI
West Indies Preview
Windies have retained almost the same squad from their 2-1 Test series victory over England in February this year. Keemo Paul has replaced the injured Alzarri Joseph and Rakheem Cornwall will make his Test debut.
This venue had seen pacers Jason Holder and Kemar Roach picked most wickets agains England. Holder also scored an unbeaten double hundred at Barbados batting at number 8 after Windies were 120-6.
Roston Chase will also play an important role in the Windies side as an all-rounder. He had picked 8 wickets against England in the 2nd innings, and scored a fifty batting in the first innings.
While India has its own share of dilemmas when it comes to selecting the playing XI, West Indies haven’t beaten India in Tests in the last decade. India has to decide who would open the innings with Mayank Agarwal and whether Rohit Sharma will be in the playing XI.
Also, given the surface at Antigua, and the way Windies played here against England, India will have to choose a pace-loaded bowling attack. In which case, Kohli will have to decide between R Ashwin and Kuldeep Yadav for the one spinner in playing XI.
Rishabh Pant or Wriddhiman Saha is yet another dilemma for the India captain. Hanuma Vihari is a good choice in the middle-order. While Jasprit Bumrah hasn’t played since the World Cup, Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma have been away from national duty since quite long.
India to win the match
Fantasy Team Tips
- Roston Chase and Jason Holder have good records at home with both bat and ball and can be useful additions to the fantasy team.
- Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara are India’s most experienced Test players and expected to score most runs for the side.
- It’s not certain whether India chooses Rishabh Pant or Wriddhiman Saha as wicket-keeper. S Dowrich could be a good choice for fantasy team’s wicket-keeper in multiple entry contest.
- Adding Kemar Roach, Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah makes it 2 Indian and 3 Windies pacers in the fantasy team.
- If Pant is wicket-keeper in the fantasy team, go for Darren Bravo or any top order Windies batsman, else, go with Ajinkya Rahane if S Dowrich is the wicket-keeper.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – Rishabh Pant/Wriddhiman Saha
- Batsman – Virat Kohli, C Pujara, Darren Bravo
- All-rounder – Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Hanuma Vihari
- Bowlers – Kemar Roach, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav/Umesh Yadav
- Captain – Virat Kohli
- Vice-Captain – Jason Holder