- Venue: Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur
- Date: 10th November 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM IST
- League: Bangladesh tour of India
The Indian batting order led by Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan at top bounced back in the 2nd T20I after their failure in the first. While Indian bowlers failed to defend 148 in the 1st match, it didn’t affect their credibility. Deepak Chahar and Yuzvendra Chahal are capable of delivering an economical spell along with a few wickets. As a result, the spells from these two bowlers would be effective when India bowls first. In addition to Chahal and Chahar, Washington Sundar also picked up a wicket for 25 runs in 4 overs.
However, Khaleel Ahmed was even more expensive in the 2nd T20I and could make way for Shardul Thakur. Dhawan and Sharma at the top built a big partnership of 118 runs for the 1st wicket. While Rohit played a captain’s knock scoring 85 off 43 balls, Shreyas Iyer continued his hitting from the last match with 24 off 12 balls. The win in the 2nd match was a typical one with India’s openers scoring most of the runs while the middle-order added finishing touches.
Bangladesh showed courage going into the 2nd T20I with the openers putting up a 60-runs stand. Liton Das and Mohammad Naim adopted a cautious approach in this 60-runs opening partnership with 9 fours in total and no sixes. However, after the partnership ended, Bangladesh lost 3 more wickets for 43 runs in 34 balls. The second-highest partnership for Bangladesh was of 25 runs for the 5th wicket.
While Bangladesh lost 6 wickets in total in their innings, the regularity in the fall of wickets affected the pace of the innings. As a result, the hosts ended up with 153-6 on the board batting first. Bangladesh did restrict India to 148 in the 1st match and successfully chased it down. However, it was a different pitch, and Bangladesh was bowling first in that match. Bowling to Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan when the opening duo had the target set before them is not an easy task. Aminul Islam was the only wicket-taker with 2 for 29 while Mustafizur again was expensive and wicket-less.
India to win the match
India has bounced back well with their top order in their best form. While the middle-order wasn’t exposed in India’s win in the last game, Bangladesh would have to work really hard to get through and put India in a vulnerable position again.
Fantasy Team Tips
- While the Bangladesh middle-order failed in the last match, it has been their strength since a long time. Soumya Sarkar and Mushfiqur Rahim are among reliable batsmen for Bangladesh in the middle.
- Rishabh Pant would play a vital role if he gets to bat while Shreyas Iyer is in good touch and has maintained a good strike rate in last 2 innings.
- Washington Sundar bats lower down the order though he’s got to bowl full 4 over-spell in the the last 2 matches. He’s maintained a good economy while picking up 1 wicket and looks good to improve on these performances.
- Afif Hossain is a crucial batting all-rounder for Bangladesh at number 5. His off-break bowling was exceptional in the first T20 game.
- While Hossain bowled just the 1 over in the 2nd match, Al Amin Hossain was consistent with the ball picking up 2 wickets at Rajkot. For India, Yuzvenrdra Chahal and Deepak Chahar are the consistent bowlers the team and fantasy players can rely on.
Fantasy Team Prediction
- Wicket-Keeper – M Rahim, R Pant
- Batsmen – Mahmudullah, S Sarkar, R Sharma, S Iyer
- All-Rounders – Afif Hossain, W Sundar
- Bowlers – Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal, A Islam
- Captain – Shreyas Iyer
- Vice-Captain – M Rahim